Effective with the July, 2012 (Period 1, FY13) grant financial statements (FMS, SGRE, TDS), you will find changes and additions to the current budget category codes. The changes are intended to provide more logically categorized expenses in hopes of enabling better reporting, forecasting and budgeting. The main changes are:
- Salaries and Wages will now be divided into two categories 1) Salaries, and 2) Wages.
- Fringe Benefits will now be divided into two categories: 1) Fringe Benefits – Salaries, and 2) Fringe Benefits – Wages.
- IACT 6120/Animals and Animal Supplies will now be its own budget category (this IACT was previously included under the Supplies category).
- Research Participation Costs will now have its own budget category and will include the following IACTs: 6045, 6046 and 6240.
- Trainee Fringe Benefits will now have its own budget category and will include the following IACTs: 5155, 5710, 5715, 5716, 5720 and 5740.