The October Institutional Data User Group (IDUG) session is focused on pre-award and research data and may be of interest to Research Administrators. See details below.
From: Ulin, Brenda L
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2014 7:29 AM
To: 'Ulin, Brenda L'
Cc: 'Noel, Michael P (firstname.lastname@example.org)'
Subject: FW: IDUG October Session
Please plan to attend the October Session of IDUG (Institutional Data Users Group) on Wednesday, October 8th, in the Old Capital Centre at UC2520D.
The Focus Topic for the October IDUG Session is utilizing Pre-Award and Research Data through different approaches.
- Monika Ahuja will present on mining into clinical and research data utilizing a suite of tools available in the clinical trials arena.
- Monika is a database administrator at ICTS (Institute for Clinical & Translational Science) Informatics.
- JJ (Jose Jimenez) will be doing a presentation on visualization and storytelling through data. He will be utilizing pre-award data, but the concepts and approaches can be applied to any Institutional Data area.
- JJ is the Director of RIS (Research Information Systems)
- Nathan Cook will demonstrate SSRS reports developed against Pre-Award Research Data found in UIRIS.
- Nathan is a Data Analyst and primary report writer for the Divisions of Sponsored Programs.
- Rebekah Ahrens will build upon Nathan’s presentation, demonstration how a collaboration between two units for SSRS reporting has been a successful partnership benefiting both units.
- Rebekah is an Application Developer for the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
The November session for IDUG will be Wednesday November 11th, from 8:30 – 10:00, at UCC2520D.
The November IDUG Session will focus on Self Service Business Intelligence - with looks into the various BI projects underway with Registrars, Admissions and Accounting Services.
If you are unable to attend you can interact with IDUG in many ways.
Visit us at our website to learn more about IDUG and prior session presentations: http://itcommunities.uiowa.edu/content/institutional-data-users-group
Collaborate with your peers via email: IDUG-Discussion@list.uiowa.edu
Provide the IDUG Executive committee with ideas or feedback on IDUG by emailing us at: IDUG-Feedback@iowa.uiowa.edu
Tweet with us or follow us at: @UIowaIDUG
Database Administrator / Data Architect
Information Technology Services
2952 University Capital Centre (UCC)
Iowa City, IA 52242
phone (319) 335-6315
fax (319) 335-6385
Ask - Innovate - Solve