What should I do with expenditures for an award where the award notification hasn’t arrived yet?

If appropriate, Advance MFKs can be requested and established.  In cases where an Advance MFK would not be appropriate, the expenditures should be charged to and remain on a departmental account until the award notification is received.  It would not be appropriate for the expenditures to be charged to another sponsored project account.